Langsung ke konten utama

Day 29 - Self Quarantine

Hi.

So yesterday I finally fixed that leaky jet spray I have in my toilet. I felt this satisfaction because I just reached another level of living alone: fixing things without the help of a plumber. I mean as long as the damage was not big and I can fix it just by watching a YouTube videos, I think I can handle it.

Ah... I was so happy yesterday.

For a couple of days my package from internet shopping have been arriving and I had to go downstairs to pick them up (almost every day). Then yesterday when I picked an Innisfree moisturizer that I bought almost a week ago, I saw the cats near my tower and I was wondering whether they've eaten or not. Usually someone must've fed them, but looking at this situation, not many people go out just to feed them, I think. So I went back to my place and grabbed the cat dry food I've been keeping for months and I fed the cats. Surprisingly, there were a lot of cats turned up that day and they all ate what I gave. I was so happy but I forgot to bring my phone so no photos. Aah but that's okay.

I've been using this Slowly app, to send letters and find a new pen pal, but I haven't replied any of the letters because of the overwhelming situation I felt. But I finally gathered up my energy and replied about 3 letters. Life is getting better for me though..

And yup, tomorrow I have to go to the office and I hope the train is not packed. I've seen updates from Twitter where people protested the new schedule from the Commuter Line company to adjust with this social distancing situation. Instead of keeping people to stand 6 feet away, because of the new schedule and their policy to check everyone's temperature before entering the train station, people were lining up and I saw that they stood closely to each other.

Pfft

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

frustrated, or maybe even depressed

First of all, this is just a personal blog trying to process my personal experience, emotions, and feelings in light of my personal recent events which cause this frustration. Part of why this is happening probably was because I had these thoughts for several years, of my fears losing the ability to use my hands, or legs. The ability to hear. I already lost the ability to see normally ages ago, which also, probably the cause of my accident. I would like to apologize in advance for this post, if it seems insensitive. Again, this is just me trying to process. I don't know why, but since 2019, my August has always been cursed - if I ever leave my nest. The recent accident was worse, I fell into the sea, while I was just walking through this dark, un-illuminated path small dock in Sorong and somehow my left arm hit something which resulted in a broken arm - wearing spalk during the 4 hours flight to Jakarta which continued on several days - and a surgery to install plate and screws. It...

A sudden realization...

 It's so funny that I just realized this, like at this actual moment, that the post above - where I wish I'll leave this earth first - happened exactly a year before my accident. Confused? Let me explain. I told you that I fell down and broke my arm, right? The one where I needed to go through surgery to install plates and screw in my bones until it fully heals. That one accident that I keep thinking even though it happened more than 6 months ago. I fell down the sea on August 8, 2025. I got a taste of death a year after I made that post. And I freaked out. I chickened out. I'm suddenly scared of the thoughts of dying, painfully and slowly. Looks like I just wanted an easy way out. A peaceful ending. Maybe in my sleep. Or a quick one where I won't feel a thing. But I tasted what it felt like when your limb broke down. The way I screamed that night when the emergency nurse was trying to put on the spalk on me so I can safely return to Jakarta taking a 4 hour flight. How ...

feelings and emotion

2023 is such a rollercoaster ride, while it was mostly screaming fun, I still had a few low moments. Especially now that I am not in Japan anymore. I tried to rationalize what I have been feeling by skimming through journal about re-entry/reverse culture shock. Quoting from Marquette University , re-entry is a common reaction to returning home from studying abroad. I felt sad, melancholic, and frustrated by how I should behave with my coworkers; wondering why I have been feeling down a lot for the past three months. Usually, I would just record video journal as a replacement for this blog/writing, however since it's already late at night and I need to get this out immediately without my sister listening what I am experiencing right now, I thought, "why not going back to my usual blog so I can process what to do or how to behave?" So here I am. After my birthday, which was a couple of days ago, I felt this sudden change of mood. I no longer desire to go on a hiking trip w...