Langsung ke konten utama

Day 19 - Self Quarantine

I actually felt better today, just a mild headache and less sneezing. But I still don't like how it feels, like I still can't function normally. I was supposed to go to the office today but I switched my schedule with my supervisor so I can come on Monday. I drank Yakult, but my stomach always grumble afterwards.. There's no sunshine today, so I didn't go out today..

My sister has been cooking me meals and I do the clean up, wash the dishes, do the laundry.. I don't know how long can I survive this condition. I need to talk to my friends!!!

I ordered this San Gyu from grabfood app, it's some kind of rice with beef like the ones from Yoshinoya but cheaper. After I ate, I opened my phone to find several texts on WhatsApp from my family group chat, my office colleagues (my boss telling me the things I need to do once I go to the office this Monday) and my big school classmates group chat. One of my friend is getting married tomorrow but there will be no party because of this social distancing COVID 19 thing, then I suggested to play Werewolf on Telegram. There were 8 of us but it was fun. I actually feel better now. Maybe because of the interaction or maybe the vitamin I took yesterday finally cured me, anyway I am grateful it's over..

And oh, it's technically day 20 because it's 1.27 am and I can't sleep.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

frustrated, or maybe even depressed

First of all, this is just a personal blog trying to process my personal experience, emotions, and feelings in light of my personal recent events which cause this frustration. Part of why this is happening probably was because I had these thoughts for several years, of my fears losing the ability to use my hands, or legs. The ability to hear. I already lost the ability to see normally ages ago, which also, probably the cause of my accident. I would like to apologize in advance for this post, if it seems insensitive. Again, this is just me trying to process. I don't know why, but since 2019, my August has always been cursed - if I ever leave my nest. The recent accident was worse, I fell into the sea, while I was just walking through this dark, un-illuminated path small dock in Sorong and somehow my left arm hit something which resulted in a broken arm - wearing spalk during the 4 hours flight to Jakarta which continued on several days - and a surgery to install plate and screws. It...

A sudden realization...

 It's so funny that I just realized this, like at this actual moment, that the post above - where I wish I'll leave this earth first - happened exactly a year before my accident. Confused? Let me explain. I told you that I fell down and broke my arm, right? The one where I needed to go through surgery to install plates and screw in my bones until it fully heals. That one accident that I keep thinking even though it happened more than 6 months ago. I fell down the sea on August 8, 2025. I got a taste of death a year after I made that post. And I freaked out. I chickened out. I'm suddenly scared of the thoughts of dying, painfully and slowly. Looks like I just wanted an easy way out. A peaceful ending. Maybe in my sleep. Or a quick one where I won't feel a thing. But I tasted what it felt like when your limb broke down. The way I screamed that night when the emergency nurse was trying to put on the spalk on me so I can safely return to Jakarta taking a 4 hour flight. How ...

feelings and emotion

2023 is such a rollercoaster ride, while it was mostly screaming fun, I still had a few low moments. Especially now that I am not in Japan anymore. I tried to rationalize what I have been feeling by skimming through journal about re-entry/reverse culture shock. Quoting from Marquette University , re-entry is a common reaction to returning home from studying abroad. I felt sad, melancholic, and frustrated by how I should behave with my coworkers; wondering why I have been feeling down a lot for the past three months. Usually, I would just record video journal as a replacement for this blog/writing, however since it's already late at night and I need to get this out immediately without my sister listening what I am experiencing right now, I thought, "why not going back to my usual blog so I can process what to do or how to behave?" So here I am. After my birthday, which was a couple of days ago, I felt this sudden change of mood. I no longer desire to go on a hiking trip w...