Langsung ke konten utama

feelings and emotion

2023 is such a rollercoaster ride, while it was mostly screaming fun, I still had a few low moments. Especially now that I am not in Japan anymore. I tried to rationalize what I have been feeling by skimming through journal about re-entry/reverse culture shock.

Quoting from Marquette University, re-entry is a common reaction to returning home from studying abroad. I felt sad, melancholic, and frustrated by how I should behave with my coworkers; wondering why I have been feeling down a lot for the past three months. Usually, I would just record video journal as a replacement for this blog/writing, however since it's already late at night and I need to get this out immediately without my sister listening what I am experiencing right now, I thought, "why not going back to my usual blog so I can process what to do or how to behave?" So here I am.

After my birthday, which was a couple of days ago, I felt this sudden change of mood. I no longer desire to go on a hiking trip with my friend, I didn't continue on my presentation proposal for my work (technically I'm on leave, so), I even shut myself off from my coworkers, I just have zero energy to reply those messages on the group chat.

PMS? Probably.
It's coming soon.

Lack of outdoor activities? Exercises?
Yes, obviously ever since I came back my steps count fall significantly from 10,000 steps to barely make it to 1,000 a day.

What I did not realize, even though I prepare and anticipate it myself way before coming back, is that I cannot control how I feel. And the slump is indescribable. It wasn't bad like prior my studying abroad, but it is a whole new sadness and numbness of my daily life. Not to mention that I came back to punching my legs or my head every time I felt slight inconvenient of my own behavior - like punishing myself for feeling like this. No need to go down that hole of me imagining the worst thing to myself. I am not sure if it is severe, so much so I need to seek medical/psychology attention.

At least for now, by letting go of this rage this way, I felt less tense and I can regulate my feelings better, so that I don't have to vent my anger towards someone. Although sometimes I can't help it, I just feel this rage I kept feeling offended all the time. Dang it I have to do something about this.

Anyway, this is probably a reason why I am not with anyone ever - even though at the same time I see worse people still date/marry.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

frustrated, or maybe even depressed

First of all, this is just a personal blog trying to process my personal experience, emotions, and feelings in light of my personal recent events which cause this frustration. Part of why this is happening probably was because I had these thoughts for several years, of my fears losing the ability to use my hands, or legs. The ability to hear. I already lost the ability to see normally ages ago, which also, probably the cause of my accident. I would like to apologize in advance for this post, if it seems insensitive. Again, this is just me trying to process. I don't know why, but since 2019, my August has always been cursed - if I ever leave my nest. The recent accident was worse, I fell into the sea, while I was just walking through this dark, un-illuminated path small dock in Sorong and somehow my left arm hit something which resulted in a broken arm - wearing spalk during the 4 hours flight to Jakarta which continued on several days - and a surgery to install plate and screws. It...

A sudden realization...

 It's so funny that I just realized this, like at this actual moment, that the post above - where I wish I'll leave this earth first - happened exactly a year before my accident. Confused? Let me explain. I told you that I fell down and broke my arm, right? The one where I needed to go through surgery to install plates and screw in my bones until it fully heals. That one accident that I keep thinking even though it happened more than 6 months ago. I fell down the sea on August 8, 2025. I got a taste of death a year after I made that post. And I freaked out. I chickened out. I'm suddenly scared of the thoughts of dying, painfully and slowly. Looks like I just wanted an easy way out. A peaceful ending. Maybe in my sleep. Or a quick one where I won't feel a thing. But I tasted what it felt like when your limb broke down. The way I screamed that night when the emergency nurse was trying to put on the spalk on me so I can safely return to Jakarta taking a 4 hour flight. How ...