Langsung ke konten utama

22 December 2021






5 years ago, I was at the airport, waiting for my flight back to Jakarta. I wrote about it then, on this blog, how I regretted going back to Jakarta before my birthday and leaving my mom on Indonesian's Mother's Day. Now today, I am at home. Only this afternoon we all gathered in this house. My brother and his wife, my sister and her friend who came to pick her up, and mom and dad. Now, I am the only child at home. My sister went back to Jakarta and my brother, well.. he's with his wife at his in-laws'. 

I realize how quiet this house is, without my brother and my sister. Whenever they're here, I tried to make it as noisy as I can so my parents can feel how lively this house is with their children. I would find excuses to bother my sister, or to yell at my brother like we used to do when we were younger. But, they have their own life now. Well, I, have my own life too.  I am supposed to go abroad to continue my study, but my destination country chose to ✨close✨the border. I was totally upset, because I was supposed to go there earlier this month. But now, I kinda see why there's a silver lining from this delay. I get to stay at home, accompanying my parents. Imagine if I'd gone, today must've been the saddest day of their life, because they'd be left alone. Not that it would be the first time for them, since my brother once went to Jakarta too, to do his internship for 2 months. But back then there was assurance that he'd be back home. Now, he can't do that. He shouldn't do that, coming here often. He's got his own family that he has to prioritize.

This quiet house got me crying. My mom is getting old, her energy isn't what she used to have. She's been having gout that her joints are in pain. She got more wrinkles in her face, in her hand. Damn, I choke while writing this. My dad seems great, but he has high blood pressure that'll get worse if he has a lot to think about. His memory is getting worse as he ages. I know that deep down both of them just want us, the daughters, to have family on our own. I feel like it will make them more alive and will become healthier. But, you know...

Mother's day, and at the end of the day all my mom gets is cold, runny nose, and a quiet house.

Oh, God. Protect my parents and keep them healthy please..

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

A Story of Unsuccessful Romance: Chapter 1

 I Saw You Across The Classroom I would've never thought that the moment I saw him for the first time across our classroom was the moment that I would remember for the longest time. I was just a 14 year old kid who like pretty people with pretty eyes. Little did I know I would think over him over the years.. I got accepted to one of reputable public high school in my city, barely. My name was at the bottom of selection results, like, the last 5 people who got in to this school. Nevertheless, I was excited, of course. It was my dream to be a student here since it would help me path my way to go to reputable universities in the future. Back then, this school had two special programs, the acceleration program where you could study in high school for two years, and the international program- where you (were supposed to) learn all the subjects in English. I just finished my orientation and I was initially studying at grade X(ten) - 3. My mom, who is a high school teacher herself in anot

feelings and emotion

2023 is such a rollercoaster ride, while it was mostly screaming fun, I still had a few low moments. Especially now that I am not in Japan anymore. I tried to rationalize what I have been feeling by skimming through journal about re-entry/reverse culture shock. Quoting from Marquette University , re-entry is a common reaction to returning home from studying abroad. I felt sad, melancholic, and frustrated by how I should behave with my coworkers; wondering why I have been feeling down a lot for the past three months. Usually, I would just record video journal as a replacement for this blog/writing, however since it's already late at night and I need to get this out immediately without my sister listening what I am experiencing right now, I thought, "why not going back to my usual blog so I can process what to do or how to behave?" So here I am. After my birthday, which was a couple of days ago, I felt this sudden change of mood. I no longer desire to go on a hiking trip w

Senior Thesis Story - The Never Ending Regrets

This story was originally posted on my Tumblr. Had to set it to private because of, reasons. This, is a story of How I Die…. No, no. It’s actually one of the sad story of a senior student. How she became so careless about her university’s life. It all began when a young maiden called Nedayah decided to click a subject oh her academic report. The Senior Thesis. A six credit subject that leads most of seniors to success, or never ending failures. There are many tears and blood and sad and painful stories behind this. No matter what, when you decided to graduate university or college from this path, you have to go forward. You have got to decide what kind of problem you want to take for research, what kind of methods you want to use, and what are the reasons why you choose this problem. So one day, Nedayah had an idea. That she will take a research about: the formulation of a local regulation about buildings. Her minds wandered for so long, thinking about what city she would choose.