Langsung ke konten utama

oh life

I am unemployed.

Technically I am just a fresh graduate. But can a-graduate-since-6-months-ago be called a fresh graduate? does this thing have an expired date? whatever it's called, I still have no jobs. I sent like tons of my resume through company websites, via email, and a platform for job seekers like jobstreet and jobsdb. and it is a big 0. I am so proud of myself.

I figuratively have nothing to do. My daily activities are not far from laptop, bathroom, kitchen, and warung makan. This is exactly what I am not prepared. Unemployed.

sigh.

So basically I have different things to be whined about every year. There's a year where I was depressed because of my senior thesis, a year where I was worried about my college, a year about my relationship with people, and most of the years about my family. And it is time for 2015 that I worry about jobs, and.... future.

When I was in high school, when I was that naive bitch, I told my friend about life after high school. Graduating college in 4 years, get a job right after graduation, and a year later settle down to build a family with someone. I want to give my old self a bitch-slap, with a chair, on the face. sorry, too much bitches in this paragraph. I can't help it. I'm a bitch and bitching about myself.

okay.

dear past me, I did not graduate in 4 years, nor I have a job after graduation. Well, internship is not a real job. I had one, 4,5 months of works, and it's done. And dear past me, I haven't been into any relationship with the opposite sex, nor I have prepared my plan for my future life. so shut your ideal dreams, okay. We are not getting anywhere closer to our naive plan.

I know somehow I'll get there. A land where I finally have permanent job, and a partner to live with for the rest of my life. I just don't know when, or how. It's scary to think that it'll take longer than I could expect.

And for achieving things, my years are shortened. I have 17 years to cross the list that I have made. and still nothing.

nothing.

Ah, dam it.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

frustrated, or maybe even depressed

First of all, this is just a personal blog trying to process my personal experience, emotions, and feelings in light of my personal recent events which cause this frustration. Part of why this is happening probably was because I had these thoughts for several years, of my fears losing the ability to use my hands, or legs. The ability to hear. I already lost the ability to see normally ages ago, which also, probably the cause of my accident. I would like to apologize in advance for this post, if it seems insensitive. Again, this is just me trying to process. I don't know why, but since 2019, my August has always been cursed - if I ever leave my nest. The recent accident was worse, I fell into the sea, while I was just walking through this dark, un-illuminated path small dock in Sorong and somehow my left arm hit something which resulted in a broken arm - wearing spalk during the 4 hours flight to Jakarta which continued on several days - and a surgery to install plate and screws. It...

A sudden realization...

 It's so funny that I just realized this, like at this actual moment, that the post above - where I wish I'll leave this earth first - happened exactly a year before my accident. Confused? Let me explain. I told you that I fell down and broke my arm, right? The one where I needed to go through surgery to install plates and screw in my bones until it fully heals. That one accident that I keep thinking even though it happened more than 6 months ago. I fell down the sea on August 8, 2025. I got a taste of death a year after I made that post. And I freaked out. I chickened out. I'm suddenly scared of the thoughts of dying, painfully and slowly. Looks like I just wanted an easy way out. A peaceful ending. Maybe in my sleep. Or a quick one where I won't feel a thing. But I tasted what it felt like when your limb broke down. The way I screamed that night when the emergency nurse was trying to put on the spalk on me so I can safely return to Jakarta taking a 4 hour flight. How ...

feelings and emotion

2023 is such a rollercoaster ride, while it was mostly screaming fun, I still had a few low moments. Especially now that I am not in Japan anymore. I tried to rationalize what I have been feeling by skimming through journal about re-entry/reverse culture shock. Quoting from Marquette University , re-entry is a common reaction to returning home from studying abroad. I felt sad, melancholic, and frustrated by how I should behave with my coworkers; wondering why I have been feeling down a lot for the past three months. Usually, I would just record video journal as a replacement for this blog/writing, however since it's already late at night and I need to get this out immediately without my sister listening what I am experiencing right now, I thought, "why not going back to my usual blog so I can process what to do or how to behave?" So here I am. After my birthday, which was a couple of days ago, I felt this sudden change of mood. I no longer desire to go on a hiking trip w...