Langsung ke konten utama

not a traveler story (part 4)


day 4.
the next morning, I woke up and realized that I will go to Wonosobo. So, a couple of days before I went to Purbalingga, my mps-amp-mpa's classmates, Cori and Fathiya, came to my dorm because Cori wanted to lend my hat. Cori planned to spend her holiday in Jogjakarta and Wonosobo, and Fathiya would also join later at Wonosobo with FSI's group. Where did they sleep? At Ossa's big family house's. They wanted to go to Dieng, a famous place in Wonosobo. There are Telaga Warna (Pond Warna), Kawah Sikidang (Sikidang Carter), Candi Arjuna (Temple Arjuna), and many more. Seriously, there are so many places that you can visit while you were there. When they came, they did ask me whether I wanted to join them in Wonosobo or not. I said I'd love to, but I could not decide at that time. Well, after arriving at Yogyakarta, I decided to go to Wonosobo, because I knew Retno still had exams and I did want to go to Dieng, so.. HERE I COME WONOSOBO!!

Cori was still at Yogya, and we decided to go to Wonosobo together and met up at Jombor Bus Station, which is so close from Retnos house. Well, I have to admit that I was late and Cori was scared waiting for me alone there and keep texting me. Retno, who was in doubt and not sure whether the bus to Magelang were there or not (fyi, we have to go to Magelang first before Wonosobo if we are from Yogyakarta) took me there and the bus to Magelang was there! No need to wait. We were so lucky! After one hour trip and paid 8000 idr to the bus conductor, we finally arrived at Tidar Bus Station, Magelang. And again, when we just get off the bus, we found our next bus to Wonosobo! It took about 2 hours trip from Magelang to Wonosobo and the cost for each person is 15.000 idr. The trip was a little bit, dizzy, because we went trough some winding road. But, when we saw the green hills, and the wind was cooling so it became less dizzy. But guys, seriously, the view is awesome and I just can't stop saying "wow"!

Cori and I thought that the bus station is in the downtown. Well, after asking to Fathiya about the address (street address and the name of sub-district where Ossa lives), and told the bus driver, they told us to take the yellow public transport. It didn't take a long time, only, let's just say 10 minutes, we arrived at our destination. The driver was nice and he told us where to go. Well, Fathiya told us to meet at Klenteng Merah. We were dropped off at the intersection and we turned right, and go straight and voila! Klenteng Merah (Red Pagoda)!
Klenteng Merah, Wonosobo
Finally, we met Fathiya. And where was Ossa? She was with FSI group and still hadn't came back. So, we went to Ossa's house without Ossa (Thank God her family is so nice and very welcoming), I went to prayer, and asked Fathiya to walk around the city. Surprisingly, I was not tired! If it was shopping at the mall, I would seriously be tired after one hour. Cori didn't go and stay at Ossa's house while Fathiya and I walked around the city. Fathiya took me to the city park, Wonosobo's square, and thank God it's google, I found a famous place of Wonosobo's authentic food, Mie Ongklok Bu Umi. And also, we ate Sate Jamur at the Square and it was delicious!


Wonosobo City Park

Wonosobo's square
mie ongklok dan sate bu umi

sate sapi, 15.000 idr.

mie ongklok, 5.000 idr
sate jamur pak nomi

Sate Jamur, 5000 idr without lontong

taman prajuritan, near Wonosobos square
There were some stories about my first day in Wonosobo.. 
#1 at the bus to Wonosobo, asking the bus driver and the bus condectur about Klenteng Merah
Me: Sir, we want to go to KlEnteng Merah ("E" sounds like "ay", or "E" in "yEs")
Bus Condectur: *confused* can you just give the name of the sub-district?
Me and Cori: Well, we don't know sir, we will asked our friend first..
(texting Fathiya and Ossa)
after a long time.. Finally Fathiya replied our text and told us the name of the address and the sub-district. as I told you before, we continued out journey by another public transport and told the driver where we want to go.
Me: We want to go to Ahmad Yani Street, Jaraksari sub-district, sir.
Driver: what?
Me: Jaraksari, ahmad yani, Klenteng merah
Driver: KlEnteng? (repeating what I said) Did you mean KlEnteng? ("E" sounds like "eu")
Me: (a little dizzy because Cori keep asking me the to wait for Ossa, while I wanted to, just get on the public transport and meet Fathiya, rather than wait for something unsure because we both know Ossa was still with the group) yes, yes, that Klenteng..
Driver: Sure I know. Get on, it's not too far from here.
Me to Cori: well I am sorry for the mispronounced, I am from Padang.. That's the way I pronounce "Klenteng"..

Lesson: same word, different pronunciation could make a big difference......

#2 It was raining cats and dogs, Fathiya and I were walking from the park to the square and took shelter at the market
Fathiya: Is there any possibility that, that shop sell raincoats? I mean, the ones that made from cheap plastic?
Me: well anything is possible, don't know till we ask..
Fathiya: Okay, you just wait here, I'll go there and ask..
Me: Okay
*Fathiya rushed through the rain*
After a couple of minutes, Fathiya succeeded and bought us 2 raincoats. But, when Fathiya just wore the raincoats and about to cross the street, the rain stopped!
Fathiya: Man.. How could the rain just stop?! Look! The sky is even so clear right now. Damn. I am so ashamed..
Me: lol looks like you have to wear it so the rain stops, Fat.. Thank you anyway.. :))

I spend all day walking around Wonosobo. Trust me, I didn't even tired. I could still go out at the night, walking with Cori, Ossa, Dian, Tika, and Fathiya to get some food. Well, like what I tweeted on Twitter, walking is the best way to explore the city. Boo Yeah!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

A Story of Unsuccessful Romance: Chapter 1

 I Saw You Across The Classroom I would've never thought that the moment I saw him for the first time across our classroom was the moment that I would remember for the longest time. I was just a 14 year old kid who like pretty people with pretty eyes. Little did I know I would think over him over the years.. I got accepted to one of reputable public high school in my city, barely. My name was at the bottom of selection results, like, the last 5 people who got in to this school. Nevertheless, I was excited, of course. It was my dream to be a student here since it would help me path my way to go to reputable universities in the future. Back then, this school had two special programs, the acceleration program where you could study in high school for two years, and the international program- where you (were supposed to) learn all the subjects in English. I just finished my orientation and I was initially studying at grade X(ten) - 3. My mom, who is a high school teacher herself in anot

feelings and emotion

2023 is such a rollercoaster ride, while it was mostly screaming fun, I still had a few low moments. Especially now that I am not in Japan anymore. I tried to rationalize what I have been feeling by skimming through journal about re-entry/reverse culture shock. Quoting from Marquette University , re-entry is a common reaction to returning home from studying abroad. I felt sad, melancholic, and frustrated by how I should behave with my coworkers; wondering why I have been feeling down a lot for the past three months. Usually, I would just record video journal as a replacement for this blog/writing, however since it's already late at night and I need to get this out immediately without my sister listening what I am experiencing right now, I thought, "why not going back to my usual blog so I can process what to do or how to behave?" So here I am. After my birthday, which was a couple of days ago, I felt this sudden change of mood. I no longer desire to go on a hiking trip w

Senior Thesis Story - The Never Ending Regrets

This story was originally posted on my Tumblr. Had to set it to private because of, reasons. This, is a story of How I Die…. No, no. It’s actually one of the sad story of a senior student. How she became so careless about her university’s life. It all began when a young maiden called Nedayah decided to click a subject oh her academic report. The Senior Thesis. A six credit subject that leads most of seniors to success, or never ending failures. There are many tears and blood and sad and painful stories behind this. No matter what, when you decided to graduate university or college from this path, you have to go forward. You have got to decide what kind of problem you want to take for research, what kind of methods you want to use, and what are the reasons why you choose this problem. So one day, Nedayah had an idea. That she will take a research about: the formulation of a local regulation about buildings. Her minds wandered for so long, thinking about what city she would choose.